All Latest Health News
- COVID-19 Risk Index October 22, 2020Continue Reading
As our society continues to reopen and you resume your daily life following COVID-19 closures, please take a look at this Risk Index, prepared by epidemiology experts, to determine the safety of your favorite activities and avoid unnecessary risk.
- How Red Meat Went from Taboo to Acceptable and Back Again October 22, 2020Continue Reading
What’s the Beef With Red Meat?
It’s long been the case that provocative headlines, unexpected findings and misinformation travel far faster than conventional wisdom, especially in the internet age. Even respected medical journals like the Annals of Internal Medicine can become caught in a crossfire of disagreement, as occurred last year when a controversial ...
- Forget Me Not: Normal Aging, Mild Cognitive Impairment or Dementia? October 22, 2020Continue Reading
We’ve all had the experience of frantically searching for car keys in the morning or walking purposefully into another room only to forget why we were going there, and as we age, it seems to occur with increasing frequency. Are these just signs of normal aging, or harbingers of a more serious condition? It’s a ...
- Coronavirus Vaccine: Expert Says, ‘We Need Time to Get This Right’ July 7, 2020Continue Reading
Expert Calls for Slow & Steady Approach in Vaccine Development
While the race to develop a coronavirus vaccine may seem as if it’s being run in slow motion, with most experts predicting ...
- Superfoods and Your Immune System July 7, 2020Continue Reading
Food for Thought: Nourishing the Immune System
As football coaches and nutritionists know, the best offense is a good defense. In the fight against COVID-19, the promise of boosting the immune system with specific ‘superfoods’ ...
- Navigating Uncertain Times with Hope and Optimism July 7, 2020Continue Reading
How to Adjust, Adapt and Embrace the New Normal
As we emerge cautiously from the safety of home into a world that seems comfortingly familiar yet irrefutably ...
- Fighting the Colonoscopy Fear Factor June 1, 2020Continue Reading
Colorectal Cancer awareness could save your life.
As one of the country’s most preventable illnesses, with a readily available test that is both diagnostic and therapeutic, why does colorectal cancer (CRC) stubbornly remain ...
- Kombucha, Kimchi and More May 1, 2020Continue Reading
Nutrition Health Spotlight: Kombucha, Kimchi and More
Researchers continue to examine the trillions ...
- Pet Therapy: The Healing Power of Dogs April 1, 2020Continue Reading
Unleashed: The Healing Power of Dogs
“Who rescued whom?”
They’re already considered best friends, trusty companions and beloved members of the family. Now add to the dog’s list of accomplishments, ...
- Are Plant Based Burgers Really Healthier? March 1, 2020Continue Reading
Examining Plant Based Burgers as Meat Alternatives